Timeline for Required Information
Minimum due dates to Event Planners
At least three (3) weeks prior to event
- Menu selection
- Special dietary requirements
- Estimated number of attendees (be sure to include staff or volunteers who would be eating)
- Linen requirements
Note: Menu generally available 3-weeks in advance but is based upon product availability as orders for some unique, special-order items must be placed six (6) weeks ahead. We encourage planning six (6) weeks or more in advance if possible.
Within two (2) weeks of booking event
- $500 Deposit submitted to University Center Business Manager within 2 weeks of booking catering
Note: Deposit is non-refundable and will be applied to your invoice.
Ten (10) business days prior to event, not including day of the event
- Final guest count
- Final linen requirements & count
- Event timeline
- Time guests arrive; if applicable
- Time bar or specialty station opens
- Time food is served or set out for buffet – be sure to note when volunteers, etc. are scheduled to eat; if applicable
- Time bar or specialty station closes
- Times for speaker, silent auction, cake service, champagne toast, etc.
- Time event concludes
Note: Per health code, food cannot be left out longer than two (2) hours. Please keep this in mind as you develop your timeline.
Within thirty (30) days of event being invoiced
- Final payment due to Conference & Event Services