External Apps are 3rd party applications that have been designed to integrate directly into the Canvas Learning Management System. The apps, commonly called LTI Tools, are often based on the Learning Tools Interoperable (LTI) framework.
Below is a list of external apps currently supported at UNC. Most of the supported apps are already pre-configured for use in every course.
* Available by "Supported External App Request"
Don't See an App Listed?
Submit a New External App request clicking on the button below. This request form will require the following information:
- Name of the External App, where IDIT can learn more (e.g. website or vendor contact)
- Details regarding the purpose and benefits of using the tool
- An overview of who will be using the tool and how they will be licensed
- Who will be providing support and training for potential users
New External App requests are initially reviewed by the Instructional Design and Information Technology (IDIT) committee. A request is evaluated based on criteria including pedagogy, function, accessibility and cost.