The Office of Academic Community Engagement (ACE) provides several resources for all UNC students. Our office is also proud to manage the Bob & Bonnie Phelps Family CAP Award, which provides $10,000 scholarships to undergraduate students.
Awards & Scholarships
WHAT IS ACADEMIC COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT?
Community engagement describes the collaboration between institutions of higher learning and their larger communities (local, regional/state, national, global) for the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of partnership and reciprocity.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF ACADEMIC COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT?
- Build mutually beneficial relationships
- Enhance learning
- Prepare educated, engaged citizens
- Contribute to the public good
- Address critical societal issues
- Strengthen democratic values and civic responsibility
- Enrich scholarship, research, and creative activity