Jump to main content

Credit for Military Service

The University of Northern Colorado offers credit for military service. To request an evaluation of military service, submit a copy of the Joint Services Transcript (JST) or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript to the Registrar's office when you apply to UNC.

Picture of student writing an equation on chalkboard

A maximum of 30 semester hours of credit may be accepted for college-level courses taken under the auspices of the U.S. military services. Credit may also be awarded to veterans of military service who have successfully completed coursework at U.S. military service schools.

Documents are evaluated by the Office of the Registrar according to recommendations from the American Council on Education (A.C.E.) in accordance with UNC guidelines. This credit is counted as non-residency transfer work.