IACUC – Determining and Justifying Animal Numbers
- Estimating Animal Numbers
National Academies Press Guidelines for the Care and Use of Mammals in Neuroscience
and Behavioral Research Appendix B-Estimating Animal Numbers
- StatPages.net Web Pages that Perform Statistical Calculations
The web pages listed here comprise a powerful, conveniently-accessible, multi-platform
statistical software package. There are also links to online statistics books, tutorials,
downloadable software, and related resources. All of these resources are freely accessible,
once you can get onto the Internet.
- Sample Size Determination
From the book: Guidelines for the Care & Use of Mammals in Neuroscience and Behavioral
Research. Available online from the National Academies PressExperimental Design &
Statistics in BiomedicalResearch ILAR Journal V43 (4) 2002
This edition of the ILAR Journal is dedicated to articles related to the used of statistical
analysis and improved experimental design.
- Brief Tutorial on Sample Size & Statistical Power Calculations for Animal Experiments by Phillip Chapman, Department of Statistics, Colorado State University
Provides an overview of basic ideas of power and sample size calculations in the context
of simple examples; introduces easily available tools for power and sample size, including
interactive software available for free on the web. (Russell Lenth, U.of Iowa, and
UCLA Online Power Calculator); and give some practical advice about how to proceed
in some common situations.
- Experimental Design & Statistics in Biomedical Research ILAR Journal V43 (4) 2002 This edition of the ILAR Journal is dedicated to articles
related to the use of statistical analysis and improved experimental design.