Goals and Objectives
The program will prepare graduates to serve as competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists in various employment positions.
- Objective 1.1a: Annually, 90% of full-time interns will complete the program in 12 months.
- Objective 1.1b: Annually, 90% of part-time interns will complete the program in 21 months.
- Objective 1.1c: Annually, 90% of MS/DI interns will complete the program in 54 months.
- Objective 1.2a: Over a five-year period, alumni achieve a 1 year pass rate of at least 95% on the registered dietitian nutritionist exam.
- Objective 1.2b: 80% of graduates are expected to take the CDR credentialing exam of registered dietitian nutritionist within 12 months of completion of the program.
- Objective 1.3: Within 12 months of completing the program, at least 85% of graduates will have obtained employment related to dietetics.
- Objective 1.4: 50% of graduates will be seeking or will be employed in one of the program concentration areas of nutrition education and counseling or management within 12 months of program completion.
- Objective 1.5: 90% of responding employers will agree (yes/no) that the graduate exhibited the knowledge and skills to perform as a competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionist at the time of employment.
Graduates of the UNC DI program will adhere to the professional code of ethics, integrate evidence-based research in practice, be lifelong learners, and exhibit leadership qualities.
- Objective 2.1: 90% of employers surveyed will rank the graduate as adequate or better (3 or higher) for demonstrating leadership in their current position.
- Objective 2.2: 90% of employers surveyed will rank the graduate as adequate or better (3 or higher) for practicing with honesty, and integrity during the first year of employment.
- Objective 2.3: 80% of employers surveyed will agree (yes/no) that the graduate demonstrates a commitment to life-long learning by seeking current research/information while applying evidence-based principles during the first year of employment.
- Objective 2.4: At least 50% of graduates will report participating in at least one leadership activity and/or professional workshop/conference within a year after completion.
- Objective 2.5: 70% of students in the MS/DI track will submittheir completed Capstone Project to a peer-reviewed journal, submit as a grant proposal, or results gathered will be used by an organization/facility to improve nutrition-related outcomes.