Goals and Objectives
The program will prepare graduates to serve as competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists in various employment positions.
- Objective 1.1: At least 80% of interns complete program requirements within 12 months for DI full time interns, 21 months for part-time interns and 54 months for MS/DI interns (150% of the program length).
- Objective 1.2: Of graduates who seek employment, at least 80% are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- Objective 1.3: At least 80% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- Objective 1.4: The program's one-year pass rate (graduates, who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- Objective 1.5: Ninety-five percent of responding employers will agree (yes/no) that the graduate exhibited the knowledge and skills to perform as a competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionist at the time of employment.
Graduates of the UNCO DI program will adhere to the professional code of ethics, integrate evidence-based research in practice, be lifelong learners, and exhibit leadership qualities.
- Objective 2.1: At least 50% of graduates will report participating in at least one leadership activity and/or professional workshop/conference within a year after completion.