- Be sure to follow directions very closely.
- This program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed via the hyperlink. For questions, please e-mail DICAS. The on-line application must be completed for our program. The fee to use
DICAS is $45 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent directly to: DICAS – Transcript Dept., PO Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472.
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact
information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger
an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed
on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals
as references for each application.
- Applicants must also register online with D&D Digital for computer matching and select dietetic internship priority choices by deadline
(see important dates). There is an additional $50 computer matching fee.
- Additional information on using the DICAS is available here. Click on Computer Matching Policy and Procedures and read information in the Suggestions
to Improve Your Chances of Getting a Dietetic Internship Position and Computer Matching
Applicant Responsibilities, and view the Video for Dietetic Internship Centralized
- If you have any questions or concerns about your DICAS submission of information,
please email DICAS Customer Support or call 617-612-2855.