Fall Census Confirms Enrollment Growth
September 8, 2017
Total enrollment at the University of Northern Colorado is the highest in a decade as the university experiences a third year of growth.
The figures confirmed by the university’s official census report for the fall semester show:
- Total enrollment grew to 12,968 (up 5.8 percent since Fall 2016). The number of graduate students (2,992) grew by 8.5 percent. They now make up 23 percent of the total enrollment.
- New first-time freshmen (2,138 total, holding steady since Fall 2016)
- New transfer students (788, up 1.5 percent since Fall 2016)
- New graduate students (925, up 5 percent since Fall 2016)
- Students of color
- 30 percent of UNC undergraduates identify as a person of color — the highest percentage since 2010 when UNC started collecting data in the current manner.
- 16 percent of graduate students identify as a person of color
- The number of students living on campus (3,081) has increased by 12 percent since Fall 2014.
The annual fall census report provides public numbers that are used for the 2017-18 academic year.