The University of Northern Colorado's Monfort College of Business has announced the
winners of the 2023 Entrepreneurial Challenge. Four Open Division participants and
four Collegiate Division participants presented their pitches to a panel of expert
judges at the E-Challenge Finals on March 8. These entrepreneurs received mentoring
from the judges and refined their pitches since the Semi-Finals on February 8.
The following are winners for the Open Division:
- First place ($10,000): SmartRank is an enterprise SaaS product for talent acquisition teams that allows them to stack-rank
and filter job applicants based on specific hiring manager/position qualifications
without using a résumé.
- Second place ($5,000): HumusPak is the first company to deliver home compostable, flexible and nature-based protective
packaging products directly to the small business owner and the greater packaging
- Third place ($3,000): Music By Masses is an organization that discovers, builds and funds artists through a global music
competition, label services and crowdfunding from fans.
- Fourth place ($2,000): JobVyne is an online platform that automates the entire employee referral process and creates
more meaningful connections between job seekers and employers.
The following are winners for the Collegiate Division:
- First place ($6,000): Martian Media is an aerial production company that provides unique drone real estate tours and
marketing content for businesses. Grant Hall, an Aims Community College student, is
the founder of Martian Media.
- Second place ($4,000): Milk and Honey Baking Company is a bakery and coffee shop with muffins, cupcakes and lattes that focuses on bringing
people together. Katlyn Chapman, a student at the University of Northern Colorado,
is the founder of Milk and Honey Baking Company.
- Third place ($3,000): Landlocked Surf and Skate is a unique skate store that provides a Colorado surfing experience through specialty
skateboards that replicate the feeling of surfing. Jadon Mangrum, a University of
Northern Colorado student, is the founder of Landlocked Surf and Skate.
- Fourth place ($2,000): Chicha Mate is a chicha morada inspired energy drink made with unique, natural ingredients. Hector
Becerra, an Aims Community College student, is the founder of Chicha Mate.
The Entrepreneurial Challenge is an annual business pitch competition hosted by the Monfort College of Business
for the enrichment of student experiential learning at UNC.