UNC Graduate School Announces Student Awards
April 29, 2019
The UNC Graduate School has announced the recipients of awards recognizing superior academic achievement and outstanding research in graduate studies. The winners, who will be honored at the May 3 Graduate School commencement ceremony, include:
Citation for Excellence
The Graduate Dean’s Citation for Excellence is awarded to students nominated by their school in recognition of superior academic achievement in graduate studies.
- Lauren Guyer, Master of Arts, Sociology: Thesis
- Jessie Slepicka, Master of Arts, Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Krisinda White, Master of Science, Nursing: Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Susannah Moore, Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Psychology
- Michelle Morgan, Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Mathematics
- Anna Schwabe, Doctor of Philosophy, Biological Education
The Graduate Dean’s Citation for Outstanding Dissertation, Capstone and Thesis is awarded to students recognized for outstanding research in graduate studies.
- Lanya McKittrick, Doctor of Philosophy, Special Education, Strategies That Mothers Of Children Who Are Deafblind Employ To Foster Collaboration Within Individualized Education Program Teams
- Anna Schwabe, Doctor of Philosophy, Biological Education, A Multifaceted Approach to Address Variation in Cannabis Sativa
- Jennifer Ruths, Doctor of Audiology, Audiology, Application of the Wireless Audiometric Testing System at a Refugee Center with a Multilingual Population
- Jessie Slepicka, Master of Arts, Criminology & Criminal Justice, A Partial, Age-Graded Examination of Agnew’s General Theory of Crime and Delinquency