UNC's Fall 2017 Graduating Class: By the Numbers
December 8, 2017
UNC's Office of Institutional Reporting and Analysis Services loves to crunch numbers about UNC, and here's some interesting data the IRAS staff came up with about the year's spring/summer graduating class, from numbers of grads, to where they call home, to their most popular majors.
About 540 fall graduates received their undergraduate degrees from UNC on Dec. 9.
About 300 fall graduates received advanced degrees during the Graduate School Commencement Ceremony on Dec. 8.
About UNC's Fall 2017 Graduating Class
- No. of students graduating: 844
- No. of students earning bachelor's degrees: 543
- No. of students earning graduate degrees: 301 (256 master's, 33 doctorates, 12 specialists)
- Age range (at time of the commencement ceremony): Undergrad: 20-68; Grad: 23-60
- Average age (at time of the commencement ceremony): Undergrad: 25; Grad: 33
- Graduate's average GPA: Undergrad: 3.21; Grad: 3.80
- Most popular majors (by degrees awarded): Undergrad: (Nursing, Business Administration, Psychology, Elementary Education, Sport and Exercise Science) Grad: (Special Education, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Educational Leadership, Educational Psychology, Education, Teaching American Sign Language)
- International Countries Represented: 9 (Canada, China, Colombia, Egypt, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Thailand, Yemen)
- States Represented: 42, plus the District of Columbia (Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming)
- Colorado Counties Represented: 37 (Adams, Alamosa, Arapahoe, Baca, Boulder, Broomfield, Chaffee, Conejos, Delta, Denver, Douglas, Eagle, El Paso, Elbert, Fremont, Garfield, Grand, Jefferson, La Plata, Larimer, Lincoln, Logan, Mesa, Moffat, Montezuma, Morgan, Otero, Phillips, Pitkin, Prowers, Pueblo, Rio Grande, Routt, Summit, Teller, Weld, Yuma)
- Tentative as of Dec. 7, 2017. Degrees yet to be conferred for fall 2017.