IM&T Project Portfolio
Information Management & Technology Revised Project Process Frequently Asked Questions
What requires an IM&T Project?
- IM&T Project Requests are required for any of the following:
- Any technology request that requires central funding
- Any technology request that requires substantial IM&T staffing resources to implement
- Any technology request that requires a data feed
- Any technology request that poses a potential information security threat
- Requests Submitted through the Facilities Capital Request process do not need to be
submitted through the IM&T Process.
- Contact IM&T if you are not sure how to proceed and we will be happy to provide guidance
How do I submit an IM&T Project Request?
When should I submit an IM&T Project Request?
- The revised IM&T Project intake survey will not close. Projects can be submitted
at any time throughout the year
- IM&T requests that departments submit projects as early as possible to ensure ample
- Any project requiring central funds for FY19 must be submitted by 11/3/17.
How are resources allocated to a Project?
- All IM&T Project Requests will reside in a Project Backlog until funding and/or IM&T
Staffing resources are allocated
- The IM&T Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for scoring projects and coordinating
with UNC Senior Leadership to approve central strategic funding for project requests
- The IM&T PMO is responsible for assigning IM&T Staffing resources to a project and
determining when a project will start
How can I check the status of my Project?
- Below is a summary of the available project views:
- Submitted Projects - Lists all Projects that are submitted and are either assigned to Project Liaisons
for Project Proposals or Research Project Managers for Research Scoping
- Backlog - Lists all projects on the backlog as well as pending projects that have not been
activated by the PMO
- Approved Projects - Lists all active projects as well as all pending projects that have earmarked funding
and/or IM&T Resources but have not been activated by the PMO
- Active Projects - Lists that have been activated by the PMO and are actively being worked on
- Completed Projects - Lists that have been completed or abandoned