Dear UNC Student,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. You have indicated that you will continue to live in your residence hall room and will not be moving out of your residence hall room at this point.
If you change your mind and would like to move out, please contact your Hall Director. You can find their contact information here.
Since you will be remaining on campus, we wanted to provide some information about what to expect since the campus is operating in a very different way due to Covid-19.
We ask that everyone take all recommended precautions to prevent the spread of Covid-19 while on campus and in our residence halls. Specifically, we recommend the following:
- Practice social distancing and always maintain a 6ft distance from others in the building
- In elevators, please limit rides to one person at a time to achieve social distancing.
- If you feel like you are experiencing symptoms please seek medical care.
What to Expect
Front Desk Operations
- Mail: Please expect mail operations to be delayed at this time as we minimize our operation. You can expect that your letter mail will be delivered to your mailbox once it is processed.
- Packages: Please watch your email for updates about package locations from our Notifii mail system as you would in the past. This email will let you know the location of where to pick up packages that have been delivered to campus.
- We are operating with a much smaller staff and we will not be providing social programming or hall meetings in person. Your RA may or may not be on campus. If they are, they have been instructed to connect with residents virtually.
- Housing staff will be conducting daily check-ins with students who are staying on campus. A campus staff member will be connected to you and they will reach out once a day to check-in, answer questions, and make sure you are doing okay. Please respond to each day. Failure to do so will result in a wellness check.
Currently, the plan is for dining to provide meals out of Holmes Dining Hall.
- Due to social distancing guidance, the door will be monitored and only ten people at a time will be allowed to enter the dining hall.
- Please maintain this distancing as you wait outside as well.
- The hours will be 10:30 am-1:30 pm.
- You will be able to pick up three (3) meals at a time if you choose. These meals will be one re-heatable option and two cold options.
- If this changes, you will be notified.
To ensure that we are able to reach you should an emergency arise or a process change (such as meal pickups) we would like to ensure that you are checking your UNC Bearmail. This will be our primary method of communication.
ESA, Pet, or Service Animal
If you have an ESA, pet or service animal and you develop symptoms or need to quarantine/isolate please email your Hall Director so that arrangements can be made to take your pet outside to relieve itself.
Update Emergency Contact Information
Please login to your Ursa account to verify your emergency contact information and edit if necessary.
In the meantime, if you have any questions here are the best places to get them answered:
- Questions relating specifically to your building please contact your Hall Director. You can find their contact information on this webpage.
- Questions related to Covid-19 and the UNC’s response can be directed to the UNC's Coronavirus webpage.
- General housing questions can be directed to our Housing and Residential Education Office at 970-351-2721 or Housing@unco.edu.
To close, we want to acknowledge that this is an unprecedented situation resulting in a very different ending to our residence hall experience than we would have chosen. Thank you for being a part of our community and for your patience and understanding.
Housing & Residential Education
University of Northern Colorado