Weld County COVID Status
On January 4, The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDHPE) moved Weld County from Level Red: Severe Risk to Level Orange: High Risk on the state’s dial system allowing for greater flexibility for local jurisdictions
UNC continues to monitor the situation and will share information and guidance with the university community as changes in public health orders occur.
Weld County Status
Level Green -
Protect Our Neighbors
Level Blue - Caution
Level Yellow - Concern
Level Orange - High Risk
Level Red - Severe Risk
Level Purple -
UNC Operational Impacts
In keeping with state guidelines for Level Orange, the following operational adjustments and protective measures will go into effect on January 4 until further notice:
- Residence halls will re-open for the spring semester as planned on Friday, January 8, with no changes.
- In-person and hybrid classes are capped at 50 people. Virtual/online-only courses
will have no changes.
- Faculty will notify students of course delivery plan by Friday, January 8.
- Private gatherings may include up to 10 people (from no more than 2 households).
- Indoor events capped at 50 participants. Outdoor events can be no larger than 75.
- Indoor dining limited to 50 people at one time, and Grab-and-Go options will continue
to be made available:
- Holmes Dining Hall to open with adjusted hours and services on January 10, 2021
- All Retail Dining locations closed through January 9, 2021
- Office density cannot exceed 25% occupancy. Staff members will receive more information from their supervisors and/or building managers regarding next steps.
- Campus Recreation Center limited to 25 people per room and reservations are required. Virtual programming will continue.
- Club/Intramural sports are still being discussed in terms of number of people allowed and if they can take place indoor and/or outdoor.
- University Libraries remain open but on an adjusted schedule.
- Athletics continue training and practice for winter sports only, following NCAA and conference guidance.
- View adjusted Student Health Center Hours.
Resources are in place to help students stay well and succeed academically. Visit Student Outreach and Support for more information.
Student Health Center Operations
The Student Health Center is open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and will have adjusted holiday hours.
View their clinic hours for alternate care providers when the health center is closed or call your insurance carrier for providers in your network.
The state is encouraging all Coloradans with symptoms to get tested immediately.
All COVID-19 and fall operations policies follow directions and guidelines from the State of Colorado, the CDC, WHO. Find useful resources for campus operations.
Preventing the spread of COVID-19 is our priority on campus. We've implemented a mask policy, increased cleaning on campus and ask you to practice social distancing.