Fall semester may feel different this year, but nothing will get in the way of our commitment to keep UNC’s community connected.
UNC’s Homecoming celebration, a tradition that dates back to 1923, is scheduled for the week of October 5-10. While UNC Football will not take the field and alumni reunions are postponed, the alumni office is organizing virtual and remote opportunities for you to share your Bear Pride in your hometown communities.
In inviting you to celebrate UNC’s Homecoming from Home, we’re asking you to help us keep both our communities and Bear Pride healthy this year. We know that UNC alumni are the thread that keep our university community tied together across class years, careers and cities. This year is our opportunity to show how close we can be even when we are apart.
Check out these 5 ways we are celebrating then visit unco.edu/homecoming to learn how other parts of campus are celebrating.
Lyndsey Crum ’05
UNC Alumni Relations
5 Ways your Alumni Association is Celebrating Homecoming from Home
(1) National Week of Service: October 5-10
As part of the Homecoming from Home 2020 celebration, bring UNC’s spirit of involvement and service to your hometown community when you volunteer during the Alumni Association’s national week of service October 5-10, 2020.
What: National week of alumni service to share the importance and impact of alumni involvement in hometown communities around the country.
- Sign up to volunteer at a nonprofit or community organization in your hometown during the week of October 5-10, 2020
- If you live in a city with a UNC alumni group, post your volunteer plans to your city’s Facebook group to encourage other Bears to join you
- Wear Blue and Gold or UNC Bear gear during your volunteer shift (if allowed by the nonprofit)
- Share a message about UNC and the value of community service on social media #UNCHomecoming2020 and let us know where you volunteered
- Participants will be entered to win a UNC prize pack
(2) National Alumni Meet-Up – October 5
Connect to your Bear Network during a National Alumni Meet-up on Zoom, Monday, October 5. This is a great way to connect with fellow UNC alumni and start building your Bear Network. Register online
(3) Alumni Career Panel – October 6
Join a UNC Alumni Career Panel to gain career and industry insight. Register online.
(4) Blue & Gold Friday – October 9
Whether you’re at work or at home, pull out your favorite Bear gear or Blue and Gold, and wear your UNC spirit with pride. If you’re working remotely, download a UNC virtual background featuring UNC’s campus, athletics and other fun UNC scenes.
(5) Support the Bears & Local Business – October 10
Explore Greeley’s growing Downtown -whether in person or virtually. Download the new UNC Athletics app to check-in downtown on Saturday October 10 and you'll help support local business and earn rewards points. Can't make it to Downtown Greeley? Check out the virtual tour to see how Greeley has grown!
Other ways to get involved
Alumni connections are an important part of UNC’s community. Help UNC grow and our community thrive when you get involved. Learn more
A Community Connected
Bears Support Bears
Among the ways that you may choose to share your UNC pride is through a gift in support of current and future students. UNC alumni generously support a variety of funds all year, directly impacting their fellow Bears. Consider making your annual gift during Homecoming from Home this year.