Faculty Research and Publications Board (FRPB)
The Faculty Research and Publications Board (FRPB) at the University of Northern Colorado is a representative faculty board that functions to encourage faculty research, publications, scholarly activities, and artistic productions, and to fulfill the duties assigned to it by the Board of Trustees of the University of Northern Colorado as set forth in the Board Policy Manual. FRPB voting membership consists of one faculty representative from each college; three additional faculty representatives elected at large; one faculty representative from the University libraries; one faculty representative selected by the Faculty Senate, and one graduate student representative selected by the President of the Graduate Student Association, (GSA).
Powers and Duties
The powers and duties of the FRPB include:
- To recommend and assist with policies directed at securing adequate financial support for faculty research.
- To recommend policies regarding the assignment of faculty time and University facilities for research.
- To solicit applications for research proposals and artistic productions and to allocate funds available to the FRPB on the basis of project merit.
- To solicit nominations from the faculty at large for the Distinguished Scholar Award and to select the outstanding faculty member(s) for this award
See Board Policy Manual 2-3-108(1) for full list of FRPB powers and duties.
FRPB Membership Roster
Kenneth Chan, At Large
Britney Kyle, At Large
Tracy Gershwin Mueller, At Large
Kim Murza- Vice Chair
Kristina Phillips- Chair
HSS-Geography & GIS
2017-2018 (Senate) Annual Appointment
* Term runs from July1 through June 30
FRPB Non-voting members
AVP for Research & Sponsored Programs
Dean, College for Natural and Human Sciences
Academic Dean appointed by CAO
Office of Research, Regulatory Compliance Administrator