Finding Grant Funding
Successful grant-seekers know that in addition to submitting a quality proposal, it is important to apply to a funding agency program that is a good match for the proposed project. Identifying sponsors that are interested in the general topic area of your work is essential, but you will also want to know that potential sponsors:
- have identified a specific need or problem that your project will address
- support the type of project you are proposing – research, program, service, instruction or training, etc.
- make awards to public universities in Colorado
- support projects in the geographic area where your project will be conducted
- typically make awards within the size range you are proposing
- Finding Grant Funding Home
- Funding Opportunity Announcements
- Funding Databases
- Funding Opportunity Notifications
- Federal Funding
- List of Federal Funding Websites
- Internal Funding for Faculty
- Internal Funding for Students
Office of Research
0025 Kepner Hall
Fax: (970) 351-1934
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Recent external funding opportunity announcements, including limited submission competitions.
Additional External Funding Resources
Please direct questions about identifying external funding opportunities to the Associate Director of Sponsored Programs. A number of additional resources are available to help, including:
SPINPlus, GRC GrantsSearch, Grants.gov are available to you on-line. The Colorado Grants Guide is available in the Office of Sponsored Programs. The Colorado Grants Guide includes local foundations and trusts, corporations, national funding agencies, and government agencies that support Colorado Organizations.
Receive automated email notices of funding opportunities from a variety of sources.
Discover grant and funding information at federal funding agencies.