The UNC School of Mathematical Sciences offers a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics in five different concentrations:
- Secondary Teaching Concentration
- Middle School Teaching Concentration
- Pure and Applied Mathematical Sciences Concentration
- Statistics and Data Science Concentration
- Computer Science Concentration
We offer minors in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Mathematics with a Liberal Arts Concentration, and Mathematics with a Secondary Teaching Concentration. UNC Students can also major in Elementary Education: Liberal Arts Concentration, which is directed towards prospective elementary teachers, and pursue the Mathematics Track.
For more information on degree requirements, see the official Catalog Description of the Undergraduate Program, including the requirements for our major and minor degree programs.
- 4 Year Plan: Secondary Teaching Concentration
- 4 Year Plan: Middle School Teaching Concentration
- 4 Year Plan: Pure and Applied Mathematics Concentration
- 4 Year Plan: Statistics and Data Science Concentration
- 4 Year Plan: Computer Science Concentration
- Minor in Computer Science
- Minor in Applied Statistics
- Minor in Mathematics with a Liberal Arts Emphasis
- Minor in Mathematics with a Secondary Teaching Emphasis
For a general schedule of undergraduate courses offered by the School of Mathematical Sciences, download the Math Course Rotation or contact the math office.
The school and university offer a variety of services to help you succeed, including computer labs and tutoring. Information on some of these services is collected on our student resources page.
Extracurricular Mathematics Opportunities
There are a variety of opportunities for students to engage in mathematics outside of the classroom. A current list of these activities is available on our extracurriculars page.