NHS College Student Council
The College of Natural and Health Sciences Student Council (NHS-SC) membership is open to representatives from from each of the School and Department in the College, representatives from each chartered NHS student club, and the Dean’s Office representative (Advisor).
- Ally Wandel, President - Major: Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences; Club: NSSLAH
- David Castillo, Vice President - Major: Sport and Exercise Science; Minor: Nutrition
- Allyssa Funk, Treasurer - Major: Biological Sciences; Club: Pre-Health Club
- Alex Silva, Secretary - Major: Dietetics; Club: Student Nutrition and Dietetics Association
- Edrak Almaden - Major: Biological Sciences; Club: Pre-Health Club
- Brooke Gilpin - Major: Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences
- Libby Harrington - Major: Human Services
- Yessica Rodriquez- Major: Biological Sciences; Clubs: LEAP, Pre-Health Club, Chemistry Club, and Student Senate
- Hannah Thayer - Major: Pre-Nursing
- Morgan Thompson - Major: Sport and Exercise Science
- Emily Walker - Major: Audiology and Speech-Language Sciences; Club: NSSLAH
- Beckie Croissant - Advisor
Purpose of the NHS College Student Council:
To provide a communication liaison between the student body, NHS faculty, and NHS administration. NHS-SC will strive to first and foremost develop student voice within NHS and to foster greater communication amongst the students of NHS as well as the university community.
To appear on behalf of and speak for the students of the College of Natural and Health Sciences on all appropriate matters concerning said students.
To aid in the organization of NHS events and activities and facilitate joint club participation. This may include, but not be limited to, guest speakers, College-level picnics or awards.
To promote NHS student placement activities. This may include, but not be limited to, seminars, lecturers, and utilization of placement bulletin boards.
Student Organization Events
To encourage and support approved NHS student activities. Special emphasis should be given to supporting activities of NHS’s student clubs and activities designed to facilitate placement of NHS graduates.
Student Organization Recognition
To foster the recognition of NHS student clubs.
A minimum of three (3) NHS-SC meetings will be held per academic semester (Fall and Spring). NHS-SC will not meet during the summer term or during closed school university periods.
The NHS College Student Council participates in the following events each year:
- Community Fest
- Turkey Drive for the Weld County Food Bank
- Undergraduate Leadership Award
- Academic Scholar Awards Ceremony
- 9Health Fair