Submit news if you have an announcement to share or an idea you’d like for us to consider. We can’t guarantee we’ll pursue every story, but we do promise to review your suggestions. Review our News Submission Policies and Guidelines for more information about newsletter deadlines, newsletter content guidelines and general best practices.
Public and Media Relations
University News and PR is the liaison between the university community and news media,
responding to incoming media inquiries and public requests for information and providing
strategic public and media relations services and support to departments, colleges
and schools across the university.
To request an interview, comment and/or statement from UNC faculty, staff and/or students, contact UNC’s News and Public Relations (PR) team.
Media on Campus
News media are permitted to enter public areas of UNC’s campus but are strongly encouraged to first contact a member of the News and PR team prior to visiting. Daily parking passes can be made available upon request. While on UNC property, media representatives may be accompanied by a member of the News and PR team.
Resources for Media
Director of News and Public Relations
Carlos José Pérez Sámano
Bilingual Communications Strategist
Sharing Stories About our Community
University News and PR serves as the primary clearing house for sharing news and stories about our university community with audiences near and far — from short newsletter announcements that help keep our students, faculty and staff informed about university events, initiatives and policies to news releases and feature stories that showcase the successes and impact of our university community to local stakeholders, the news media and more.
Strategic Plan Goals
Our staff works with faculty and staff experts to craft media pitches and provide strategic public and media relations support to colleges, departments and divisions across the university. Along with our bilingual communications strategist, we also support the goals of the university’s central marketing initiatives with an emphasis for planning, developing, publishing and pitching content that effectively engages both English and Spanish-speaking constituents in support of the university’s 2030 strategic plan goals as currently defined in University Advancement’s Strategic Marketing and Communications plan.
- Raise the visibility and perception of the UNC brand, showcasing the university’s commitment to student success, diversity, faculty excellence and community impact
- Drive engagement and deepen relationships with UNC alumni and friends
- Establish UNC as a thought leader,influencer and expert
News Channels and Outlets
We share UNC news on the following channels:
This includes our own university community, local stakeholders and friends.
- Around UNC – our weekly e-newsletter that serves as the official means of communication for UNC students, faculty and staff, as well as other community members who want to be more informed and engaged with the university.
This includes the general public and English and Spanish-language media.
- News Central — UNC's searchable news website that houses all our press releases and feature stories.
- Social Media — UNC's main social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Weekly Media newsletter — our weekly digital newsletter sent to Colorado media every Friday sharing UNC-produced news, key university updates and featured faculty and staff experts who can speak to relevant and timely topics.
- Press releases —distributed to media outlets and other stakeholders throughout Colorado, and beyond, as appropriate
- Newswise — a national news wire that allows us to pitch our faculty experts or share news of state or national importance, including embargoed research news that adheres to journal guidelines.