Resources for Current Students
These links are a collection of resources related to teaching statistics.
Disclaimer: The following links are to pages outside the UNC website. These sites are not endorsed by the university and may contain links that can be harmful to your computer and a risk to your personal information. The university does not verify the accuracy of any information contained on these websites. Use at your own risk.
- Rice Virtual Lab in Statistics
- Electronic Textbook StatSoft
- The National Center for Education Statistics
- Journal of Statistics Education (JSE) publishes refereed articles, datasets, reviews, and tips related to all aspects of teaching statistics at the postsecondary level.
- Chance News - biweekly references to statistical issues in current news media.
- The Statistics Teacher Network - has its most recent issue on the ASA Center for Statistical Education Website .
- Multidisciplinary resources for X10 Intro Statistics at Dartmouth College.
- Therese Stukel's Intro to Linear Models at Dartmouth College
- Links to Web Pages for Statistics Courses at Illinois-Urbana-Champaign.
- Math Forum - Probability and Statistics. Links to teaching resources for K-12 and college level courses. Swarthmore College.
- Teaching Bookmark Database . Follow the link for "Teaching" on the left-hand panel. Jan de Leeuw, University of California, Los Angeles.
- Stochastik in der Schule . Probability in schools in Austria and Germany. Klagenfurt University. In German.
- Statistically Speaking: a Dictionary of Quotations . Information about the book, with several example quotations. Carl Gaither and Alma Cavazos-Gaither.
- DASL (Data and Story Library)
- AP Statistics Discussion List Archive
- Statistics Teacher Network
- VassarStats-Web Site for Statistical Computation
- The Bell Curve Page
- IDB Population Pyramids This page allows you to obtain population pyramids (graphs that show the distribution of population by age and sex) for one country.
- Interactive Mathematics Miscellany and Puzzles Probability
- K-12 Statistics Education Resources in statistics including lessons and useful data sets