Jump to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Why is my donation so important to UNC Athletics? 

    The cost of operating a Division I Athletics Program is continuously on the rise and providing resources to help our student-athletes and coaches achieve excellence in the classroom and in competition is essential. UNC Athletics works to provide support for each of our 400 student-athletes. Your donation will help us increase our annual revenue to assist UNC Athletics today while recruiting the best and brightest student-athletes for tomorrow.

  • How do I join the Blue and Gold Club? 

    You can join by selecting the MAKE A GIFT button on this page or by calling the Blue and Gold Club at 970-351-2551.

  • Who can join the Blue and Gold Club? 

    All Bear fans are encouraged to join the Blue and Gold Club. You do not have to be a former student-athlete or UNC alumni to join.

  • How is my donation used? 

    When donating to a sport-specific club, 75% of the gift is used to support the programmatic needs of that program (equipment, travel, special projects, etc.). The remaining 25% goes directly to that sport’s scholarship fund.

    If you choose to donate to the Blue and Gold Club Area of Greatest Need, the entire donation amount will be used at the discretion of UNC Athletics to best support our student-athletes.

  • Is my gift tax-deductible? 

    Yes! The UNC Foundation maintains 501 (c)(3) status and therefore your gift is tax-deductible to the full extent by law. Consult with your tax advisor to determine the deductibility of your gift.

  • I'm interested in an naming opportunity, an endowment, and/or a planned gift. How can I learn more? 
    You can provide a legacy of support for UNC Athletics and leave a lasting impression on the lives of our current and future student-athletes. Please contact the Blue and Gold Club office at 970-351-2551 for more information.