First-Year Admission-Based Scholarships
Admission-Based Scholarship criteria and amounts for Summer 2021, Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 applicants will not include SAT or ACT test scores.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours each semester to qualify for these scholarships
- Students must maintain continuous enrollment (fall and spring semesters) at UNC
- The admission-based scholarships listed are awarded to students who are working on their first bachelor’s degree
- Students in off-campus, cash-funded programs are not eligible for these scholarships and should check with UNC Extended Campus regarding scholarship opportunities
- Your application for admission is also your application for a number of admission-based scholarships. Once you are admitted, you can apply for further scholarships via your student Ursa account.
Neither the writing portion of the ACT nor the Essay portion of the rSAT test is considered for scholarship purposes. First-year admission-based scholarships are based on:
- rSAT - Math and Evidence-Based Reading and writing
- ACT - Math, Science, English and Reading
- While admission decisions do not use superscoring, we are eager to get you the best
financial opportunity possible by using superscoring for admission-based scholarships. We will take the highest section score and combine them for a "super" composite
score. We will do this for each test (ACT or rSAT) but will not cross tests.