First-Year Admission-Based Scholarships for 2019-2020
Your application for admission is also your application for a number of admission-based scholarships.** Students must be admitted by March 1 to be eligible for Admission-based scholarships. Once you are admitted, you can apply for further scholarships via your student Ursa account.
Colorado resident admission-based scholarships are awarded automatically based on your academic performance. You can only receive one of the following scholarships (Trustee, Presidential or Provost).
These scholarships are renewable with satisfactory academic progress as defined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- $24,000 ($6,000 per year)
- Must have a 3.8 GPA and 29 ACT or 1330 rSAT
- $12,000 ($3,000 per year)
- Must have a 3.6 GPA and 27 ACT or 1260 rSAT
- $10,000 ($2,500 per year)
- Must have a 3.4 GPA and 24 ACT or 1160 rSAT
You can receive the following scholarships, in addition to one of the above, if criteria is met.
Greeley Promise Scholarship
- Renewable for students who meet satisfactory academic progress as defined by the Office of Financial Aid
- Graduate of Greeley/Evans District 6, Greeley charter schools or Dayspring Christian Academy
- Student must have a minimum 2.5 High School GPA
- The student must be a new first-year student admitted for the upcoming fall semester and attend UNC the semester directly following high school graduation
UNC Legacy Scholarship
- Not automatically renewed
- Students whose biological or adoptive mother or father graduated from UNC
- Requires completion of the UNC Scholarship Application
**Notes on eligibility:
- Neither the writing portion of the ACT nor the Essay portion of the rSAT test is considered
for scholarship purposes. First-year admission-based scholarships are based on:
- rSAT - Math and Evidence-Based Reading and writing
- ACT - Math, Science, English and Reading
- While admission decisions do not use superscoring, we are eager to get you the best financial opportunity possible by using superscoring for admission-based scholarships. We will take the highest section score and combine them for a "super" composite score. We will do this for each test (ACT or rSAT) but will not cross tests.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours each semester to qualify for these scholarships
- Students must maintain continuous enrollment (fall and spring semesters) at UNC
- The admission-based scholarships listed are awarded to students who are working on their first bachelor’s degree
- Students in off-campus, cash-funded programs are not eligible for these scholarships and should check with UNC Extended Campus regarding scholarship opportunities