Jump to main content

State Authorization

The federal Higher Education Act and state law requires that an institution offering online education must obtain direct or reciprocal approval from each state in which it is not physically located if it wishes to provide residents of those states with online education. 

Program Authorization

See which programs are available in your available in your state, or search by program.


See which programs lead to professional licensure in your state.

Questions about State Authorization?

Contact Kim Black at kim.black@unco.edu or call 970-351-1102