UNC Web Communications
What's Up Right Now
- Landing pages are being created for digital campaigns
- An upgrade to UNC's calendar has been completed
- Most websites have been fully converted into the CMS
What if I want to create a new website?
We understand that some programs, clubs or organizations at UNC do not have an existing website. Contact Evan Rattenborg if you have a site that needs to be created. All UNC web sites will be in the new design and developed in the Content Management System (CMS).
Additionally, all web authors (individuals who maintain websites) will be required to attend OU Campus Training sessions.
OU Campus Training
OU Campus training sessions vary depending on the CMS users needs. There are three types of training:
- Full Publisher/Web Author Training: Individuals who maintain websites, create new pages and can publish right to the server.
- Contributor Training: Individual who assist with the maintenance of websites, create new pages but need approval (from web author) prior to publication of changes to the server.
- OU Campus Blogs: This training is available upon request
Please contact Evan.Rattenborg@unco.edu to establish which type of training is right for your website needs.
Full Publisher Training
Web authors are CMS users who need access to all functions of the web site creation, including creating and publishing new webpages.
This two-part training is designed to teach web authors how to use use the OU Campus Interface as well as all features available in the CMS. Training includes explanations of best practices used to structure content on a page. Also included is file management information and best practice tips.
Full Publisher Training Dates
Training sessions will be held on the following dates. You must attend Part 1 prior to attending Part 2.
- Part 1: Wednesday, October 17 from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- Part 2: Wednesday, Octobber 24 from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
To register for training please contact Evan.Rattenborg@unco.edu.
Contributors are CMS users who can create and edit webpages that are submitted to a designated web author for approval and publication.
This 90-minute session will focus on the basics of creating a new page, adding content and images and submitting the page for review by a department web author.
Contributor Training Dates
Contributor Training sessions can be scheduled upon request. To request a session and schedule a date and time please contact Evan Rattenborg at Evan.Rattenborg@unco.ed. Be sure to include days of the week and/or times that typically work best with your schedule.