Summer Enrichment Program
SEP is a two-week residential program at the University of Northern Colorado consisting of high-interest, hands-on, brains-on courses for gifted, talented, and creative students entering grades 5 through 10.
Courses are developed by specialists in gifted education and/or in specific content areas as part of the university's Center for the Education & Study of Gifted, Talented, Creative Learners.
Curriculum is developed and differentiated according to basic principles of gifted education, providing a unique opportunity for enrichment not ordinarily possible in regular classrooms.
- July 7, 2019: Session Begins (Registration from 2-4 pm)
- July 13, 2019: Super Saturday
- July 16, 2019: Talent Show
- July 18, 2019: Banquet
- July 19, 2019: SEP Showcase
- July 19, 2019: SEP Party/Dance
- July 20, 2019: Check Out by 9am
- 7-9 a.m., Morning Preparation
- 9-10:15 a.m., Period 1
- 10:20-11:35 a.m., Period 2
- 11:35 a.m.-12:50 p.m., Lunch
- 12:50-2:05 p.m., Period 3
- 2:10-3:25 p.m., Period 4
- 3:30-5 p.m., Afternoon Options
- 5-7 p.m., Dinner & Free Time
- 7-8:30 p.m., Nighttime Activities
- 8:30-10 p.m., Dorm Time
Previous Course Topics
- Musical Improvisation
- Electronic Composition, Video Killed the Radio Star, Sounds
- Beginning Dance and Advanced Dance
- Guitar Jam and Acapella Singing
- Improv (both 5x7 & 8x10), SEP LIVE (8x10), and Slam Poetry (8x10)
- Cabaret (choice of drama activities)/Drama workshops
- Picture Your Self; Stained Glass
- Photo Journalism/experimental art
- Theatre/Dramatic Writing
- Math aesthetics; math history; ECO-nomics; energy economics
- Architecture; Energy
- Sherlocked Codetalkers- Cryptology
- Science/physics of art
- Memory Book
- Women and Literature; Stories/Illustrations
- A hunting we will go (archeology); multiverses; Quest is the quest; Always been Giants
- Current Event Analysis; Sports and HIstory
- Lies My Teacher Told Me
- Robotics (programming a robot); Rocketry
- 10 Days To Save the World; Music and Society
- Scholastica Game Club/MI (may teach this or the other class)
- Superheroes and Society; What Does It Take to Make a Movie?
The total cost of SEP is $1795. The cost per session includes housing, food, tuition, dormitory counselors, and teaching staff. A $100 registration fee must accompany all applications. This fee will be applied to the SEP tuition. We are offering a 10% percent discount for additional siblings who attend SEP/LEP. Students in a group of five sponsored by a school or agency are entitled to a 10% discount each.
Several partial scholarships for the Summer Enrichment Program are available. To apply for these scholarships parents or teachers need to:
- Complete the SEP Application
- Scholarship information included in SEP Application.
- Receive Notification.
Application must be accompanied by $100 deposit that will be applied to tuition.