Summer Enrichment Program
SEP is a two-week residential program at the University of Northern Colorado consisting of high-interest, hands-on, brains-on courses for gifted, talented, and creative students entering grades 5 through 10.
Courses are developed by specialists in gifted education and/or in specialized content areas as part of the university's Center for the Education and Study of Gifted, Talented, Creative Learners.
Curriculum is developed and differentiated according to basic principles of gifted education, providing a unique opportunity for enrichment not ordinarily possible in regular classrooms.
Save the Date!
2018 Dates: July 8th - 21st
your completed SEP application to firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Valerie Sherman, Rural Education Coordinator, McKee Hall 282A,
Campus Box 106, Greeley, CO 80639.
501 20th Street
Campus Box 141
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- July 8, 2018: Session Begins (Registration from 2-4 pm)
- July 14, 2018: Super Saturday
- July 17, 2018: Talent Show
- July 19, 2018: Banquet
- July 20, 2018: SEP Showcase
- July 20, 2018: SEP Party/Dance
- July 21, 2018: Check Out by 9am
- 7-9 a.m., Morning Preparation
- 9-10:15 a.m., Period 1
- 10:20-11:35 a.m., Period 2
- 11:35 a.m.-12:50 p.m., Lunch
- 12:50-2:05 p.m., Period 3
- 2:10-3:25 p.m., Period 4
- 3:30-5 p.m., Afternoon Options
- 5-7 p.m., Dinner & Free Time
- 7-8:30 p.m., Nighttime Activities
- 8:30-10 p.m., Dorm Time
Previous Course Topics
- Musical Improvisation
- Electronic Composition, Video Killed the Radio Star, Sounds
- Beginning Dance and Advanced Dance
- Guitar Jam and Acapella Singing
- Improv (both 5x7 & 8x10), SEP LIVE (8x10), and Slam Poetry (8x10)
- Cabaret (choice of drama activities)/Drama workshops
- Picture Your Self; Stained Glass
- Photo Journalism/experimental art
- Theatre/Dramatic Writing
- Math aesthetics; math history; ECO-nomics; energy economics
- Architecture; Energy
- Sherlocked Codetalkers- Cryptology
- Science/physics of art
- Memory Book
- Women and Literature; Stories/Illustrations
- A hunting we will go (archeology); multiverses; Quest is the quest; Always been Giants
- Current Event Analysis; Sports and HIstory
- Lies My Teacher Told Me
- Robotics (programming a robot); Rocketry
- 10 Days To Save the World; Music and Society
- Scholastica Game Club/MI (may teach this or the other class)
- Superheroes and Society; What Does It Take to Make a Movie?
The total cost of SEP is $1795. The cost per session includes housing, food, tuition, dormitory counselors, and teaching staff. A $100 registration fee must accompany all applications. This fee will be applied to the SEP tuition. We are offering a 10% percent discount for additional siblings who attend SEP/LEP. Students in a group of five sponsored by a school or agency are entitled to a 10% discount each.
Several partial scholarships for the Summer Enrichment Program are available. To apply for these scholarships parents or teachers need to:
- Complete the SEP Application
- Scholarship information included in SEP Application.
- Receive Notification.
Application must be accompanied by $100 deposit that will be applied to tuition.