Summer Enrichment Program
SEP is a two-week residential program at the University of Northern Colorado consisting of high-interest, hands-on, brains-on courses for gifted, talented, and creative students entering grades 5 through 10.
Courses are developed by specialists in gifted education and/or in specific content areas as part of the university's Center for Gifted and Talented Education.
Curriculum is developed and differentiated according to basic principles of gifted education, providing a unique opportunity for enrichment not ordinarily possible in regular classrooms.
new this year
SEP Day Program extended for 5th, 6th, and 7th-grade students!
For Summer 2020 applications, we will be utilizing an online portal. This site is ready to go, and we are just waiting on final approval from UNC to make it live. We will email families from last year when the registration process is up and running. If you did not attend last year but would like to receive an email notification, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience.
501 20th Street
Campus Box 141
• July 12, 2020: Session Begins (Registration from 2-4 pm)
• July 18, 2020: Super Saturday
• July 21, 2020: Talent Show
• July 23, 2020: Banquet
• July 24, 2020: SEP Showcase
• July 24, 2020: SEP Party/Dance
• July 25, 2020: Check Out by 9am
- Coming Soon!
Previous Course Topics
- Musical Improvisation
- Electronic Composition, Video Killed the Radio Star, Sounds
- Beginning Dance and Advanced Dance
- Guitar Jam and Acapella Singing
- Improv (both 5x7 & 8x10), SEP LIVE (8x10), and Slam Poetry (8x10)
- Cabaret (choice of drama activities)/Drama workshops
- Picture Your Self; Stained Glass
- Photo Journalism/experimental art
- Theatre/Dramatic Writing
- Math aesthetics; math history; ECO-nomics; energy economics
- Architecture; Energy
- Sherlocked Codetalkers- Cryptology
- Science/physics of art
- Memory Book
- Women and Literature; Stories/Illustrations
- A hunting we will go (archeology); multiverses; Quest is the quest; Always been Giants
- Current Event Analysis; Sports and HIstory
- Lies My Teacher Told Me
- Robotics (programming a robot); Rocketry
- 10 Days To Save the World; Music and Society
- Scholastica Game Club/MI (may teach this or the other class)
- Superheroes and Society; What Does It Take to Make a Movie?
The total cost of SEP is $1895. The cost per session includes housing, food, tuition, dormitory counselors, and teaching staff. A $100 registration fee must accompany all applications. This fee will be applied to the SEP tuition. We are offering a 10% percent discount for additional siblings who attend SEP/LEP. Students in a group of five sponsored by a school or agency are entitled to a 10% discount each.
Application must be accompanied by $100 deposit that will be applied to tuition.