Department of Student Affairs
The Department of Student Affairs is committed to supporting students and their families in their transition to UNC and in their personal and academic success. As educators, we know students thrive when they know they matter and when they are both challenged and supported as they learn and encounter new experiences.
Because we want our students to thrive, we provide resources, tools, and opportunities to create a student experience focused on learning, by:
- Creating a strong sense of belonging and campus connection
- Promoting diverse, equitable and inclusive environments
- Developing career readiness
- Supporting wellness and healthy options
- Getting involved, giving back, and developing leadership talent
Please take a moment to view our website to learn about the resources available. We look forward to answering your questions.
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services cultivates an environment that develops students’ skills leading to the completion of academic goals, personal growth, and preparation for responsible citizenship.
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services will provide a transformative student experience that positively impacts student access, academic success, persistence, and graduation.
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services is committed to creating a Community of Bears where students are empowered to develop as leaders, embrace social equity, and become life-long contributors in an increasingly diverse society. This is accomplished through the division’s core values:
- Student Success: Creating transformative learning environments for students and those who serve them
- Excellence, Collegiality, and Professionalism: Modeling professionalism through collaborative, ethical leadership, integrity, credibility, respect, consistency, customer service, and effectiveness
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Global Understanding: Standing for a sense of community where all individuals are valued
- Assessment and Accountability: Continually evaluating and improving practices, in order to hold professionals accountable through the collection and us
Student Affairs Strategic Plan
The Division of Student Affairs works with Academic Affairs to develop partnerships that promote your success. The Division aligns our vision and priorities with the university's goals on retention, student success and career readiness.
Our priorities for the strategic plan and assessment efforts are implemented at the division-level as well as departmental level. Our leadership team works with division directors and employees on ongoing efforts to implement the division-wide objectives and strategies. Employees participate in committee work which is also essential to our efforts and success.
2022 DSA Impact Report
The information in this annual report represents the achievements for the inaugural year of the Division of Student Affairs.
Division Organization and Leadership Team
The Division of Student Affairs Leadership Team is available to assist and support the division as well as provide strategic thinking to maintain the priority initiatives and learning outcomes of the division. The leadership team contributes to the development of the whole division and ensures consistent communication.