University of Northern Colorado
Campus Box 98
Greeley, CO 80639
Ph.D. - University of Northern Colorado (Chemical Education)
M.S. - University of Northern Colordao (Biochemistry)
B.S. - Polytechnic Institute of Bucharest, Romania (Chemical Engineering)
Research/Areas of Interest
In the field of Biochemistry: biochemistry courses for science majors, General, Organic
and Biological (GOB) chemistry courses for allied-health majors, drug delivery systems,
drug metabolism, analytical instrumentation in biochemistry: FTIR spectroscopy, HPLC,
UV-vis, GC-MS, fluorometry.
In the field of Chemical Education: design and development of assessment materials
in the area of organic chemistry and biochemistry, Problem-Based Learning (PBL), qualitative,
quantitative and psychometric research methodology
- Corina E. Brown, Melissa L. M. Henry, and Richard M. Hyslop. Identifying Relevant Acid–Base Topics in the Context of a Prenursing Chemistry Course
To Better Align Health-Related Instruction and Assessment. Journal of Chemical Education, 2018, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jchemed.7b00830
- Sevil Akaygun, Corina E. Brown, Faik O. Karatas, Saik Supasorn, Zaypen Yaseen. Teaching chemistry with analogies around the world. Views of teachers from four countries, 2018, ACS Symposium Series eBooks.
- Aichun Dong, Corina E. Brown, Shufeng Bai, Jian Dong. Acid-enhanced conformation changes of yeast cytochrom e c coated onto gold nanoparticles,
a FT-IR spectroscopic analysis. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2018, 112, 591–597.
- Corina E. Brown, Richard M. Hyslop, and Jack Barbera. Development and Analysis of an Instrument to Assess Student Understanding of GOB Chemistry
Knowledge Relevant to Clinical Nursing Practice, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education, 2015, 43, 13-19.
- Corina E. Brown, Melissa L. M. Henry, Jack Barbera, and Richard M. Hyslop. A Bridge Between Two Cultures: Uncovering the Chemistry Concepts Relevant to the Nursing
Clinical Practice. Journal of Chemical Education, 2012, 89, 1114−1121.