Application for Admission
- Junior or senior with minimum of 60 completed credit hours at the time participation begins (therefore, we recommend applying during your sophomore or junior year!)
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- American citizen or US permanent resident
- Strong interest in completing a graduate degree
- First generation college student AND income eligible
-- OR --
Member of a population underrepresented at the graduate level (American Indian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Alaskan, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander)
-- OR --
A woman in certain STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields*
*please contact our director to find out if you qualify in this way
How To Apply
To apply, download the application and recommendation forms (or come by our office to pick up a hard copy), complete all sections, and return to the McNair Scholars Program no later than 5:00pm on Thursday, March 1st, 2018. In order to view this document, you need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Want to Learn More?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swing by our office: Michener L-75
- Attend one of our upcoming Information Sessions!
- Thursday, February 1 from 3-4 pm in the UC- Aspen A
- Wednesday, February 7 from 6-7 pm in Michener L77
- Friday, February 9 from 2-3:30 pm in Michener L77 [Open House]
- Tuesday, February 13 from 4-5 pm in Gunter 1150
- Friday, February 16 from 12-1:30 pm in Michener L98 [Joint Information Session with Upper Division Honors]
- Wednesday, February 21 from 4:30-6pm in Michener L98 [Joint Information Session with Upper Division Honors]
- Monday, February 26 from 4-5 pm in Michener L77 [Application Review]