Interim Session FAQs
- When is the Interim Session?The Interim Session will be December 10, 2018 through January 04, 2019. The university will be closed Monday, December 24th through Wednesday, December 26th and Monday, December 31st.
- Who can take courses during the Interim Session?
Currently enrolled, returning students* and visiting students are eligible to register for the Interim Session. Students on academic probation are not eligible to register for the Interim Session.
*Returning students – those who haven’t attended the University of Northern Colorado for one year – also are eligible but must first complete the Student Information Form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar. Please allow one working day for processing the form before registering.
- I’m a non-UNC student or UNC faculty/staff member. How do I take classes?
- I'm academic probation, can I take an interim courses. No, students on academic probation are not eligible for interim session course(s). For additional infomation regarding academic probation please contact the Office of Major Exploration and Academic Probation.
- Can an AIMS or UNC Student using the Community College Cooperative Agreement take
an interim Session class under the Agreement?No. Because there is not a corresponding semester at Aims, students using the UNC and Aims Community College Cooperative Registration agreement are only able to take classes during fall, spring and summer terms. Students are able to take a class during Interim Session, but the class would have to be paid for by the student.
- When can I register for the Interim Session?
You can register beginning October 1, 2018. No PIN is required.
- I’m a UNC student, how do I register for the Interim Session?
Log on to Ursa to register for Interim Session courses. For information about using Ursa to register, visit the Class Registration Help Sheet(PDF).
- Where can I find a list of Interim Session courses?
Use either the Look Up Classes function or the Register, Drop or Add Classes function in the Registration Tools section of Ursa to view an up-to-date list of Interim Session classes. If you don’t have access to Ursa yet, you can also access the schedule by visiting the Schedule of Classes.
- Are all the Interim Session courses online courses?
The majority of Interim Session courses will be offered online, however there are some on-campus offerings that will be held in classrooms on the University of Northern Colorado campus. Class location is noted under Building/Room on the Schedule of Courses.
- How many credits can I take?
You may register for up to four credit hours. No exceptions to the 4 credit limit will be accepted.
- Will I be charged in-state or out-of-state tuition?
You will pay the same tuition rate for the Interim Session as you do for a regular academic term.
- How much is tuition? Will differential tuition be charged?
- Will I be charged student fees if I’m not on campus?
Certain fees may be waived. Please contact Student Accounts at 970-351-2201 for more information.
- Will university housing be available during Interim Session?
Yes, students taking Interim Session classes will be assigned to Lawrenson Hall, Harrison Hall, a university-owned house or a unit in University Apartments, as space is available. For additional information, call 970-351-2721 or visit the Housing Web site.
- Will there be dining options available During Interim?
Although our dining halls are closed, we will have other dining options available. For specific locations and hours visit the dining website.
- Will advising be available during the Interim ? Will tutoring assistance be available
during Interim Session?
Check with your Major program about the availability of advising during the Interim session.
No, tutoring assistance is not available during Interim Session.
- Will the libraries be open during Interim Session?
Yes. Both Michener Library and Skinner Music Library will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, except when the University will be closed for the holiday. The university will be closed Monday, December 24th through Wednesday, December 26th and Monday, December 31st.
The database for the libraries can be accessed 24 hours a day.
- When is the add/drop deadline? I have a registration hold; can I still register?
You can add Interim Session courses through Tuesday, December 11, 2018. You can drop through Wednesday, December 12, 2018. To drop your Interim Session class, contact the Office of the Registrar at 970-351-2231.
No, If you have a hold because of a past-due balance, you will be required to pay that balance before you will be allowed to register. The hold must be cleared by the add deadline.
- Is financial aid available for Interim Session courses?
Contact Financial Aid to asked about eligibility of Interim Session.
- Do I get my COF stipend?
Yes, but you must apply for COF, if you already haven’t, and you must authorize the university to accept the COF funds on your behalf for the Interim Session. You will be asked if you want to authorize COF when you register.
- When will I be billed?
You will receive an email notification when your bill is ready. Payment is due by the end of December.
- Can I transfer classes to another institution?
Colorado has an agreement among all community colleges and four-year colleges that does allow liberal arts courses (may also be called general education or core courses at other institutions) to transfer between institutions. Courses may transfer to other four year institutions, all students should check with your home institution for further information.
- If I change my mind, can I withdraw from the online courses?
Yes, you can withdraw from your interim course December 12, 2018 through December 31, 2018. To withdraw from your Interim Session class you must contact the Office of the Registrar. You will still incur the costs for the course.
- Whom can I call for more information?
Office of the Registrar: 970-351-2231
Graduate School: 970-351-2831
University Libraries: 970-351-2671
Office of Financial Aid: 970-351-2502
Extended Studies: 970-351-2885
Accounts Receivable: 970-351-2201