Family Nurse Practitioner Master of Science in Nursing
Advanced Practice Nursing Education for Working Nurses
Take your career to the next level by earning a Master of Science in Nursing with Family Nurse Practitioner emphasis. Designed for BSN-prepared nurses, this master’s degree program readies you for advanced clinical practice as a family nurse practitioner (FNP). The program focuses on skills and expertise needed for primary care practice.
UNC’s master’s degree in family nursing practice stands out for its strong emphasis on evidence-based care. You’ll get exceptional academic and professional guidance from our clinically active faculty, while completing a variety of simulated and live clinical practicums that offer direct professional instruction for the clinical setting. The program combines online and on-campus instruction one day each week. Upon graduation, you’ll be qualified to apply for national certification and state licensure as an advanced practice nurse with the title of Family Nurse Practitioner
Online + Greeley Visits
Master of Science in Nursing with Family Nurse Practitioner Emphasis
The FNP emphasis area provides in-depth instruction in primary care health promotion and disease management across the lifespan. You’ll move through the course sequence as part of a cohort, building supportive relationships with a close-knit group of fellow nurses. UNC’s family nurse practitioner preparation includes special emphasis on underserved populations, particularly within rural communities.
Take the next step! Explore courses, contact information and admission requirements.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, health care employers are expected to hire more than 50,000 advanced nurse practitioners between now and 2025. UNC’s career-focused nursing master’s degree with FNP focus develops the skills and expertise necessary for APRN practice. You’ll master the most up-to-date science, technology and computing tools, while preparing for new professional challenges in patient care, team leadership and patient and family-centered care.
Consider a FNP master's if you want to:
- Commit yourself to professional excellence
- Strengthen your clinical ability
- Work with vulnerable populations
- Earn an Advanced Practice Nurse credential
- Work in primary care practice setting
- Advanced care standards of practice
- Diagnosing, managing and developing treatment plans for complex issues and illnesses across the lifespan
- Develop health promotion and disease prevention at an advanced practice level
- Critical thinking and excellent communication skills
- Evidence-based knowledge and application
- Leadership skills
- Acute Care of Adults
- FNP Advanced Clinical Topics
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Health Care of Women and Children
- FNP Clinical Synthesis
Ready for what's next? Here's what you need to know.
If there's anything else we can do, be sure to connect with us. We're only a shout away.