On March 27, 2019, two Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences faculty and three students attended the Rocky Mountain sectional meeting of the Geological Society of America in Manhattan, Kansas. Attendees included:
- Dr. Emmett Evanoff, who presented a poster and an oral presentation
- Kimberley Carr, a student in the Professional Science Masters in Environmental Geosciences degree, served as booth volunteer for the American Institute of Professional Geologists
- Simone Müller, a student in the M.A. in Earth Sciences degree, presented her Masters research in an oral presentation.
- Jacob Hooker, a student in the B.S. in Earth Sciences: Geology degree, presented his undergraduate research in an oral presentation and was awarded “Best Undergraduate Oral Presentation.”
- Dr. Graham Baird, advisor of both Jacob Hooker and Simone Müller and judged student presentations at the conference.
Jacob Hooker receiving his Awards for Best Undergraduate Oral Presidentation