Straight Facts About Queer Life Training
Straight Facts about Queer Life is an undergraduate student training through UNC’s UNITE program for those who wish to learn more about gender, sexuality, and romantic identities. Like Safe Zone, this is a three-hour training about the challenges queer and transgender folks face and what students can do to be a better advocate for individuals across the gender, sexuality, and romantic spectrums.
The Learning Outcomes of the Straight Facts program are:
- Participants will be able to articulate the differences between sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation.
- Participants will be able to identify their own identities.
- Participants will be able to identify the difference between visible and invisible identities.
- Participants will be able to define privilege and oppression in the context of gender and sexual identities.
- Participants will be able to identify the difference between being an “ally with” and being an “ally for” a marginalized community.