The purpose of the GSRC Mentorship Program is to provide support for individuals within the gender, sexuality, and romantic spectrums. This program is based upon existing scholarship on the best practices in mentorship programs across the discipline of higher education. This program is aimed at undergraduate students who will serve as mentees and graduate students, faculty, and staff volunteers who will serve as mentors. By implementing a mentorship program for those who identify within this community, students will receive guidance and support that will assist them throughout their undergraduate years.
Fall 2021 Program Information (Proposed)
Please note, this a proposed schedule for the Fall 2021 program. Dates, times, and locations may change.
Mentees and Mentors will be expected to meet minimal commitment requirements including, but not limited to:
- Half-Day Orientation at the Beginning of the Fall 2021 Semester
- Saturday, September 11, 2021
- 9 a.m.12 p.m. (Noon)
- Mid-Semester Program
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021
- 6-8 p.m.
- End-of-Semester Community Gathering for All Participants
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021
- 6-8 p.m.
- Regular 1 on 1 Meetings in Mentoring Pairs (scheduled at the mutual convenience of the pairs)