Jump to main content

COVID-19: News and Campus Updates

Ongoing updates regarding COVID-19 will be published to UNC's COVID-19 information page as the situation develops.

The University of Northern Colorado has resources available for members of our community who are impacted by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

  • Center for International Education: The Center for International Education provides the framework for all international activities at UNC and direct support to international students. You may contact CIE via email (cie@unco.edu) or phone at (970) 351-2396 or for international emergencies at +1-970-576-9572.

  • Counseling Center: The University Counseling Center provides professional counseling services to currently enrolled UNC students free of charge. You may contact the After-Hours Crisis Support line at (970) 351-2496 to speak with an on-call counselor.
  • Dean of Students Office: If you need additional support beyond the resources listed above, please complete a Referral for Student Support. Dean of Students staff will receive the referral upon returning to the office on January 3 and can respond with appropriate resources based on your specific needs.  

As you navigate the upcoming weeks, please know that we have a variety of other campus and community resources that can assist you. A list of these resources can be found on the Dean of Students website 

Please take care and let us know how we can help. 

Report a Concern

As members of the Community of Bears we support each other, and sometimes that means getting additional help. Please select a form from below that best meets your needs. 

Referral for Student Support

Use this form to refer students to Student Outreach and Support for help connecting to resources. You can refer student to SOS for a variety of reasons, including (and not limited to):

  • Emotional distress
  • Grief and loss
  • Academic concerns
  • Basic needs insecurity (food, housing, finances)
  • Concerning Behaviors
  • Navigating university processes

ReFER for student support

Report an Incident and/or Concern

Not sure where to report a complaint, concern, or issue? Use this form and it will be routed to the appropriate area.

Report an Incident/Concern

Sexual Misconduct and Discrimination

Use this form to report incidents of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation involving UNC students, faculty, and/or staff to the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance. This includes sexual misconduct and other behaviors that violate Title IX:

  • Dating and domestic violence
  • Gender-based discrimination
  • Sexual harassment
  • Sexual assault
  • Stalking

Report Sexual Misconduct or Discrimination

UNC Safe Campus

Report Anonymously

Academic Misconduct

Faculty, use this form to report academic integrity violations pursuant to UR 3-2-211.

Report Academic Misconduct

University Complaints

Use this form to file a University Complaint. The University Complaints process allows individuals to seek resolution for what they believe to be improper or unfair treatment from faculty and/or staff. The University Complaints process is not suitable for:

  • ADA Discrimination Grievances
  • Academic Appeals
  • Student Conduct Appeals
  • Graduate School Appeals
  • Title VII-Discrimination
  • Title IX-Sexual Misconduct/Gender Discrimination


COVID-19 Disclosure

Use this form to provide information about UNC community members who are, or should be, in self-isolation or self-quarantine as a result of COVID-19. The information will be kept and not disclosed except as permitted in accordance with HIPAA and FERPA, as applicable.