2024 HLC Self Study
On October 21-23, 2024, a review team from the Higher Learning Commission will visit UNC for the university’s ten-year reaffirmation of accreditation. In summer 2022, President Andy Feinstein appointed the HLC Steering Committee to lead UNC’s self-study. The self-study process includes the following activities:
Academic Year 2022-2023
- Five campus-wide committees conduct fact-finding and evaluation of how well UNC is currently meeting the HLC accreditation criteria. A sixth committee evaluates UNC’s distance education policies and practices, using the 21st Century Distance Education Guidelines. Committee reports due May 2023.
- Office of Assessment completes inventory of academic program learning outcomes, curriculum maps, and alignment with Institutional Learning Outcomes.
- Liberal Arts Council initiates development of new direct assessment plan and implements pilot in spring 2023.
- Evidence repository created, and campus Evidence Coordinators begin compiling evidence files.
Academic Year 2023-2024
- Prioritize and initiate improvement actions based on self-study fact-finding and evaluation.
- Campus Communications Committee leads preparation for the October 2024 HLC campus visit.
- Federal Compliance Committee prepares to complete UNC’s Federal Compliance Filing.
- UNC’s Assurance Argument and Evidence File prepared and submitted to the HLC.
For more information about the 2024 HLC Self-Study, contact Kim Black, HLC Accreditation Liaison Officer.