A National Leader with a Stellar Track Record
When major sports organizations look for new front-office talent, they look to UNC. We have a national reputation as a training ground for leaders in sport administration, business and marketing, and with a UNC master’s in Sport and Exercise Science (Sport Administration emphasis) you'll stand out in a crowded job market.
One of the first universities to offer graduate degrees in Sport Administration, UNC is a pioneering leader in the field. Hundreds of our graduates have achieved high-level success in the sports industry. You can, too.
M.A. in Sport and Exercise Science: Sport Administration
UNC’s master’s degree program totals 30 credits of coursework. Our sport administration program is particularly known for its strengths in sports business, including areas such as finance, marketing and management. Choose up to three elective courses to focus the degree on your own interests or career goals, then cap off your degree with a professional internship for valuable work experience and references.
Take the next step! Explore courses, contact information and admission requirements.
UNC’s sport administration master’s degree program prepares you to succeed in the job market in multiple ways. You'll gain sophisticated analytical and problem-solving skills that sport industry employers are looking for. In addition, you will benefit from the program’s widespread alumni network, which encompasses the professional, college, and international levels. Our graduates have an outstanding employment track record, with a very high job-placement rate. There is no better place to start your career.
Consider UNC's M.A. in Sport Administration if you want to:
- Work for a team in the NBA, NFL, NHL, or MLB
- Hold a leadership role (including athletic director) for a major college program
- Pursue a career in Olympic sports and other forms of international competition
- Work for a pro sport team overseas
- Complete a graduate degree online
- Management skills
- Ability to analyze marketing, sales, pricing and more
- How to model and forecast consumer behavior
- Negotiating sponsorships, partnerships and other agreements
- Sports Public Relations and Information Systems
- Legal Aspects of Sport
- Management of Sports Facilities and Equipment
- Issues and Ethics in Sport Management
- Sport Promotion and Marketing
- Financial Implications of Sport
Beyond the Classroom
The master’s in sport administration includes an internship experience with an organization in professional, college or amateur sports where you'll develop workplace skills, showcase your abilities and establish the beginnings of a professional network. Colorado offers an extremely diverse range of internship possibilities, with teams in every major professional sport, numerous Division I college programs, and the U.S. Olympic Training Center.
Ready for what's next? Here's what you need to know.
If there's anything else we can do, be sure to connect with us. We're only a shout away.