Learn how to use leading-edge technologies to create transformative educational experiences, at the institution that prepares more educators than any other university in the state. In the Educational Technology program, you’ll learn to apply diverse computing, communication and media technologies to enhance education and training in a variety of settings. Courses look at applications of technology from a global perspective, while offering a balance of theoretical and practical applications of pedagogy.
Innovative Teaching, Educational Technologies
You’ll work closely with faculty who are top educators and researchers, while having opportunities to engage in unique, hands-on learning experiences. You can also explore your own research interests, publish your findings and present your work at scholarly venues. Earn your degree on-campus or online at the top-ranked Colorado university for online graduate programs in education.
M.A. in Educational Technology
Earn your master’s degree in two years or less at UNC. You can focus your coursework on innovation and integration, or instructional design (or a combination of both). Culminates with an optional research-based project or thesis.
Take the next step! Explore courses, contact information and admission requirements.
Finding Answers to Complex Challenges
Develop an online nursing training program for an area hospital. Or take part in the International Society for Technology and Education Conference and Expo, where thousands of educators from around the world meet to exchange ideas and survey the field of education technology. Whether you study on campus or online, you’ll have numerous opportunities to work directly in the field and gain real-world experience you can apply directly to your career.
Gain practical experience in educational technology innovation and pedagogical practices you can apply to diverse careers.
Consider UNC's Educational Technology programs if you are:
- An education professional or classroom teacher
- Interested in using technology to transform teaching and learning
- Looking for extensive hands-on learning opportunities and research experiences
- How to assess and develop curriculums that build creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Principles of research, design and analysis
- Instructional design and its impact on education and training
- Social justice concepts in a global, digital context
- Social Justice in the Digital Age
- Innovating Education Culture: Research and Practice
- Trends and Issues in Instructional Design and Technology
- Designing, Playing and Learning
- Instructional Design Applications
- Global and Cultural Perspectives in Educational Technology
When you earn your degree in Educational Technology from UNC, you’ll be ready to work in a variety of learning contexts, including K-12, higher education, online environments, military training, business/organizational and international settings. Specific career opportunities include:
Ready for what's next? Here's what you need to know.
If there's anything else we can do, be sure to connect with us. We're only a shout away.