Native American Student Services aims to promote academic and leadership excellence of Native American students at the University of Northern Colorado. NASS seeks to enrich the UNC community through academic, social, and cultural programs that reflect the tradition, heritage, and history of Native America. We strive to promote academic and leadership excellence amongst Native students that prepares them to address the social, political, and economic needs of Native people. Native American Student Services values diversity, equity, innovation, and student achievement. Through these values we seek to foster a campus environment that sustains, respects and honors the diversity of traditions and cultures of Native American peoples. To achieve these goals, we uphold the responsibility of leadership to infuse and incorporate Native ways of knowing and living within academia, through educational initiatives designed for all UNC students, faculty, and staff.
Native American Student Services is dedicated towards providing the University of Northern Colorado’s Native student population the best college experience in the Rocky Mountain region.
General Native American Student Services Learning Outcomes
- Describe knowledge of the diverse cultural political and social economic experiences and needs of communities of color.
- Demonstrate practices that promote health, personal growth, and well-being for self and others.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and intrapersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Explore and describe salient & intersecting identities
- Apply self-advocacy practices
924 20th St.
Greeley, CO 80639
Fax: (970) 351-1999