William E. Hewit Institute Educators Conference
The University of Northern Colorado and the William E. Hewit Institute in History and Social Science Education are pleased to present and invite you to apply to join a conference of your choice for teachers this summer.
Voting in America
Our seminar, Voting in America, will explore the complex and crucial role of voting in American history.
You will have the chance to learn from and work with expert historians alongside colleagues from around the state. The sessions will include both content from leading professors in the field and assistance from expert secondary teachers on how to translate new ideas and insights into your classroom.
You will leave with both an enhanced knowledge-base and a new set of ideas about how to teach even more effectively. With its long history as the state’s leading center for teacher-training, UNC is proud to work with and for the good of teachers and students across Colorado. We hope you will consider joining us!
UNC and The Hewit Institute are proud to sponsor a History Educator's Conference at the University of Northern Colorado.
Selected participants will have all expenses (besides travel) covered. Those who prefer to stay in Loveland may apply for a travel stipend of $300.
- June 1 - 4, 2020
- UNC's Loveland Center at Centerra
- Cost: Free
- All participants receive a $500 stipend
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
Contact us at Hewithistoryinstitute@unco.edu
Participating Teachers Will...
- Receive 32 hours of continuing education credit from UNC
- Be given a $500 honorarium and $100 worth of books and academic resources
- Experience learning through conversation
- Receive engaging primary source documents
- Connect to a select group of colleagues
- Have the option of registering for 3 graduate credits from UNC
- Complete one new lesson plan on Voting in America
Participation is limited to 20 teachers. Participants will be selected based on the quality of their responses to the questions included in the conference application.
The Hewit Institute aims to attract a diverse group of participants from a variety of institutional settings across Colorado.
Selected applicants must...
- Be current K-12 school teachers
- Complete the full application form by March 15, 2020
- Be available from June 1-4 to attend all sessions
- Attend all sessions and functions during the week in order to receive the stipend check
- Create a one-unit plan based on seminar materials to be shared with the cohort, and on the Hewit website
“The instructors were fantastic. I love learning from professors who love their content and who are excellent teachers.” - Hewit Institute participant, 2019