Sigma Lambda Gamma
Sigma Lambda Gamma is a sisterhood of women who have chosen this affiliation as a manner to achieve personal development and awareness to the responsibility of community involvement for the betterment of our local, regional, national and global communities through the efforts of a network of close to 3,000 sorority members.
Today, Sigma Lambda Gamma is the largest, historically Latina-based national sorority with a multicultural membership in chapters and alumnae associations throughout the United States – from Arizona to Wyoming; Florida to Minnesota; New York to Texas; and many more states between the coasts of California and Rhode Island. We are an academic, cultural, service, and social organization dedicated to promoting the empowerment of women in higher education.
Currently, our sisterhood is comprised of 178 different nationalities/ethnicities around the world. And our primary goal is to promote our evolving and diverse cultures by sharing it with others through our five principles. At UNC, we are the Delta Beta Chapter and have since grown to have over 142 multicultural sisters.
Hermanas Por Vida, Sisters for Life.
- Principles: Academics, Community Service, Cultural Awareness, Social Interaction, Morals & Ethics
- Motto: Culture is Pride. Pride is Success
- Founded: April 9, 1990 University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Founded at UNC: May 2000
- Colors: Shocking Pink and Majestic Purple
- Symbols: Pink Rose and Purple Panther
- Philanthropy: Breast Cancer, TRiO Programs, Lupus Foundation of America
- Website: Sigma Lambda Gamma
- Chapter Instagram: @DeltaBetaslg