Delta Sigma Theta
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated was founded on January 13, 1913 by twenty-two
collegiate women at Howard University. These women wanted to use their collective
strength to promote academic excellence and to provide assistance to people in need.
Delta Sigma Theta was incorporated in 1930. Delta’s programs are centered around our
Five-Point Programmatic Thrust: Economic Development, Educational Development, International
Awareness and Involvement, Physical and Mental Health, and Political Awareness and
The Tau Lambda Chapter was chartered on April 26th, 2003 on the campuses of Colorado State University and University of Northern Colorado.
- Public Motto: Intelligence is the Torch of Wisdom
- Founded: January 13, 1913 Howard University, Washington D.C.
- Colors: Crimson and Cream
- Website: Delta Sigma Theta Central Region
- Chapter Instagram: @TauLambdaDST