ColoradoSPH @ UNC Student Council
The Student Council is a group of MPH and Certificate students who take on leadership
positions within the Colorado School of Public Health at UNC. The Council is a great
way to connect with other students in the program, get involved in joint tri-campus
events, and to have a voice in student affairs and community involvement.
The main focus areas of the Student Council include:
- Fostering social cohesion and connectedness with students at UNC and across all 3 campuses
- Establishing and maintaining community engagement and volunteerism in surrounding Northern Colorado communities
- Providing professional development and leadership opportunities for students
- Assisting in the growth of the Colorado School of Public Health at UNC program
- Promoting public health education and awareness on campus and beyond
Past involvement has included: coordinating events celebrating International Women’s Day and National Public Health Week, sponsorship and planning of the Annual Emerging Leaders Conferences, painting and installing a Little Free Library on campus, volunteering with local community agencies, and organizing social events throughout the academic year to bring together students and faculty.
schedule Fall 2017 Meetings:
Stay tuned for upcoming meetings in Fall 2017. These meetings are open to anyone in the MPH and Certificate programs and snacks are provided – please join us!
people 2016-17 Members & Officers people
- President: Dayna DeHerrera
- Vice President: Sujeith Barraza
- Secretary & Treasurer: Alysa Stuart
- Social Events Coordinator: Lily Mwandira
- Certificate Program Liaison: Ashley Berry
- Student Connections Coordinator: Grace Turner
- Faculty Advisor: Nora May