Check Out Materials
University student, faculty, or staff I.D. cards are used as library cards. Colorado state residents can apply for a borrower's card.
How Long You Can Keep Items
Books (including K-12 and Youth), Government Publications, Maps, Music Scores
These items vary by borrower:
- UNC students: 1 semester, with 2 renewals possible
- UNC faculty/staff: 1 semester, with unlimited renewals possible
- Non-UNC (NUNC) patrons: 4 weeks, with 2 renewals possible
Journals, Magazines, and Other Periodicals
3 weeks, 1 renewal
Videos, DVDs, Music Recordings (all formats)
1 week, with 2 renewals possible
Interlibrary Loan and Reserve Items
Varies by item
Reference and Archival Materials
Do not circulate
- Skinner Music Library
- Archives & Special Collections
- Digital UNC
- Michener Library Maps
- Reserve Rooms & Equipment
- Schedule Library Instruction
- Give to the Libraries
- Ask a Librarian
14th Avenue and 20th Street Campus Box 48
University of Northern Colorado Greeley, CO 80639-0091
Return Library Material / Book Drop Locations
- Michener Library main desk
- Skinner Music Library main desk
- Book drop (north entrance of Michener)
- Book drop (right side of Skinner Music Library entrance)
- Book drop (north entrance of the University Center, lower level)
Please do not return records to the book drops. The Libraries are not responsible for items left outside the book drops.
Overdue & Lost Materials / Fines
Fines have been eliminated for most library materials. There are still overdue fines for Course Reserves, and a library user will be charged for replacement of any item that is significantly overdue. Details here.
You can renew your materials:
- Online through the Renew/Check Holds link in the Libraries online catalog
- By phone at 970-351-2671 (Michener) or 970-351-2439 (Skinner)
- In-person at the main desk in Michener or Skinner Libraries
Is the Item You Want Missing or Checked Out?
If an item is missing or checked out, it can be requested from another library via Prospector or Interlibrary Loan. You can also use the "Request" button in the online catalog to trace a missing item, or to place a hold on an item that is checked out. However, these options usually take longer than using Prospector or Interlibrary Loan.
Borrow from Other Libraries
Materials can also be borrowed from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan, Prospector, or the High Plains Library District.