1. A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a comparable degree from a foreign institution is required for graduate admission
2. A grade point average (GPA)
of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on the most recent 60 credit hours completed.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, follow the instructions below. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
Apply to UNC Graduate School
1. Complete the online application and pay the application fee (you will pay the fee after your complete all applications questions and have successfully submitted the application)
- Domestic: $50 non-refundable application fee
- International: $60 non-refundable application fee
2. Request official transcript from all accredited colleges or universities attended since completing high school. UNC Alumni do not need to submit UNC transcripts.
- You may be able to request college transcripts and have the college or university submit them electronically if your previous institution participates in electronic transcript exchange services. Official electronic transcripts will need to be sent using this information: University of Northern Colorado, Grad.ApplicationMaterials@unco.edu.
- If you can only request official paper transcripts from your previous college or university,
please have them submitted via mail to the following address:
University of Northern Colorado
Attn: Graduate School & International Affairs
Campus Box 135
Greeley, CO 80639
Submit Additional Required Items
Once you have completed your graduate school application, you will need to log back into the online application system and submit the appropriate program-specific supplemental program materials:
International applicants: please read the additional directions below.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – TOEFL, IELTS, PTE-A, or petition for exemption (UNC’s institutional code is 4074)
- Copy of passport bio page**– You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Financial Documentation**– We will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than one year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application (you will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.
** = items only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States
Application deadlines vary from program-to-program, please select a program below to get program-specific dates.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission recommendation. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.