Aims2UNC makes it easier to achieve your academic goals! We've simplified the transition between Aims Community College and the University of Northern Colorado, so you can focus on what matters most — earning your degree.
The Aims2UNC in an innovative partnership between Aims Community College and the University of Northern Colorado. When accepted to the Aims2UNC program you will be considered a student on both campuses, allowing you to engage at each campus including access to facilities (including UNC residence halls), events, clubs and organizations, in the way you find most meaningful.
Our transition program differs from a traditional transfer program because rather than focusing on a single point in time (the point of transfer) it begins as soon as you are accepted into the program. Our holistic approach is centered on developing a sense of community and belonging on both campuses, and providing streamlined advising to allow you to achieve your goal of earning a four-year degree from UNC. To these means, we encourage prospective students to apply as soon as they are enrolled in courses at Aims.
Requirements to Submit an Applications:
- Be 18 years or older for the term of application
- Earn high school diploma or equivalent
- Declare an Associates of Arts, Associates of Science, or AAS in Graphic Design at Aims Community College.
- Enroll in at least one class at Aims for the term you look to begin the program
- If you would like to access UNC’s facilities, events, and services you will need to submit your Immunization records and have no previous holds at UNC.
Steps to Apply to the Aims2UNC Program
- Apply to Aims Community College
- Declare an Associates or Arts, Associates of Science, or other applicable program
at Aims Community College and register for classes at Aims.
- If you are a new student, your initial advising appointment will be with Pathway Advising at Aims
- After you are registered for at least one class at Aims, visit How to Apply and submit the Aims2UNC Application.
- Activate your account through UNC Admissions. We recommended that you use your Aims email account to setup your account.
- When selecting an application please select: “Start New Application” > “Nondegree
Seeking” > “Aims2UNC” (select the term you would like to join the program)
- Note, the Aims2UNC application is free. If you are asked to pay money it is because you have selected the wrong application type. Please make sure you selected Nondegree seeking application and Aims2UNC. If you are experiencing difficulties please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your application and keep an eye on your Aims email account for communication
regarding your application status.
Aims2UNC participants may be eligible for a scholarship beginning the second semester of the program. Scholarships are renewable each term through your graduation from Aims, and can equal up to $500 a semester.* To be eligible, a student must meet the following requirements each semester:
- Earn at least 12 credit hours at Aims,
- Complete two advising appointments with an Aims2UNC advisor
- Participate in two Aims2UNC engagement activities,
- Maintain a 3.0 (or higher) cumulative GPA, and
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 credits at Aims in the following semester.
*Scholarship amounts are determined on enrollment status and will be based on degree completion requirements for your declared AA/AS degree
As a student at both institutions, you get access to the best of what each campus has to offer. Here’s a snapshot of all the benefits:
All application fees are covered. This includes the aims application, the Aims2UNC application, and the UNC application upon transition.
Students are advised by an Aims2UNC Transition Advisor who has been cross-trained to support program participants in reaching their short and long-term goals at both institutions.
Streamlined Transition Courses
Don't worry about whether courses will transfer. We'll guide you through which courses count towards your bachelor's degree.
Centered on building belonging and community on both campus, are engagement activities will assist you in your transition to UNC.
"I am excited to be a part of the Aims2UNC program and the endless possibilities of what this partnership can accomplish moving forward. Since I am a native of Northern Colorado and a son of two public educators, it means a great deal to me to help positively impact the local educational landscape. As a graduate of a junior college, a four-year institution and law school, I see great value in utilizing community college courses en route to earning a bachelor’s degree, and pursuing personal and professional goals through various educational opportunities. It is my goal to develop a program that serves Aims2UNC students in an engaging, accessible and effective manner."
Coordinator, Transitions Programs
"As an alumna of both institutions, working with the Aims2UNC program has a special meaning to me. Through my own educational journey that includes attending college as both a traditional and non-traditional student I know that each student-identity comes with its own set of challenges. I understand that it isn’t always easy to juggle work, friends, and family while also pursuing your educational goals. This is especially true when life throws you curveballs at the most unexpected times, making it difficult to stay on track at times. In this program I will look to create programming that will allow you to engage on both campuses in a way you find most meaningful that will support you along your path forward as you transition from an Aims Aardvark to a UNC Bear."
"I am so happy to be a part of the Aims2UNC team and I am so excited about all the doors this program can open for students. As 1 of 7 children in my family, we were always thinking about how we could find accessible pathways to higher education. Eventually my path brought me to the University of Northern Colorado, where I studied and worked before joining the Aims2UNC Team. I am hopeful that through my experiences and connections I can help students as they transition from being an Aims Aardvark to a UNC Bear. I am also hopeful that I can be a supportive advisor for you, cheering you on in your success as you progress through your educational journey. Life is full of transitions and my philosophy in advising “Aims” for me to be an advisor who is there for students as they navigate those."