Campus Policy Regarding Health Insurance
- It is a policy of the UNC Board of Trustees that all students who
are enrolled for 9 credit hours or more are required to have health
insurance. This is to ensure that health care costs will not interfere
with your academic goals.
- All students with 9 or more semester hours on the Greeley campus are automatically enrolled
in the university student health insurance plan and billed along with
other university services.
- If you have other comparable insurance, you must show proof of insurance and
submit an online waiver by the 10th
day of classes. (See what qualifies as
comparable insurance here).
- We do not accept paper waivers, and you do not need to
submit a copy of your insurance card to the Insurance Office. The
entire waiver process is handled through the online waiver system.
- Every student who meets the above criteria must do a new waiver every fall. If you did not complete a Fall waiver and wish to waive the Insurance for Spring semester, you must complete the online waiver.
- NOTE: Students enrolled in the Urban Education IDLA program or Extended Studies Programs are not eligible to participate in the the Student Insurance and will not be charged for the UNC Student Health Insurance.
- Online waiver for Fall Semester 2013 available May 11, 2013
- Waiver deadline for Fall Semester 2013 is September 9, 2013
Download a copy of the Insurance Booklet for the 2012-2013 Plan Year here. If you have any questions about UNC's Student Health Insurance Program please feel free to contact the Insurance Office in Cassidy Hall at 970-351-1915 or by e-mail at email@example.com. We look forward to helping you reach your academic and career goals while attending the University of Northern Colorado.
If you are covered under the UNC insurance plan, you must contact the Student Health Center at 970-351-2412 prior to seeking care elsewhere. If you are 40 miles or more away from the health center, you may see any participating provider. To locate a participating provider, visit: www.mycignaforhealth.com
Instructions for Accessing The Online Waiver Form:
- If you already have an URSA account, you may log into http://ursa.unco.edu, click on the Financial tab and locate the link to the "UNC Student Health Insurance Plan Online Waiver System" (SHIP).
- IMPORTANT: Please be sure to have your insurance card available before you enter the online waiver system!
- If you have been admitted, but do not have an URSA account, access the URSA home page at http://ursa.unco.edu and create your student account from the link titled "NEW STUDENTS START HERE." Once your account has been established, follow the same steps as in item 1 above.
If you are on the UNC insurance plan and need to see a Doctor or pick up a prescription prior to receiving your insurance card, please call Cece Clark at 970-351-1915 to be added to the insurance roster.
Note: Permanent insurance cards for fall 2013 will be mailed to address on file by the end of September.