Please Note: The Fall 2017 Insurance waiver is now closed. For questions, please contact the insurance office.
The Waiver for Spring 2018 will open November 1st, 2017.
Students wishing to waive out of the UNC Student Health Insurance Plan must be enrolled in a comparable health insurance plan. If you wish to waive the school insurance you must complete an online waiver each year. Click here for the 2017-2018 waiver. The deadline to waive the 2017-2018 UNC insurance plan is September 1, 2017 at 5:00 pm. Completing the waiver in the fall will also waive the insurance for spring semester. If you wish to re-enroll in the insurance, contact the insurance office for further instructions.
Note: If you did not waive the school insurance in the fall, you can still waive for spring semester.
Instructions for waiving the insurance coverage and premium:
- Make sure and have your insurance card available before starting the waiver. You will be required to enter your current insurance information
- Log into URSA
- Choose the Student Tab and click on the link to the Online Insurance Waiver
- Scroll to the bottom of the information paragraph and choose the blue begin button
- Complete the form and print the confirmation page for your records
- If you get timed out of the waiver system, email email@example.com or call 970-351-1915 to have your waiver reset
- COMPLETE THE WAIVER BY THE DEADLINE LISTED (deadline is always the 10th day of class)
- DEADLINE TO WAIVE 2017-2018 COVERAGE IS SEPTEMBER 1st AT 5:00 PM