Transfer of Credits

General Information

Official transcripts for undergraduate students are routed to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation upon admission to the University.  Questions may be directed to

Transcripts for already admitted undergraduate students should be sent to:
UNC Office of the Registrar
Campus Box 50
Greeley, CO  80639

Transcripts for new undergraduate applicants not yet admitted should be sent to:
UNC Office of Admissions
Campus Box 10
Greeley, CO  80639

Transfer Evaluation Process
The Office of the Registrar determines which credits are transferrable and evaluates coursework based upon previously established equivalencies as approved by academic departments.

Transcripts (official documents only) for undergraduate students are routed to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation upon admission to the University.  Courses will be given direct equivalents towards a student’s record only if the course work has previously been evaluated and articulated by the respective academic unit. The student’s record will be updated with a direct equivalent up until the point of matriculation to UNC (the first day of the first term for which a student registers). After the point of matriculation, no direct equivalents will be retroactively assigned.

However, LAC and/or major/minor course attributes may still be added to the student’s record.  The major/minor department will use a course adjustment form to allow any non-equivalent courses to be assigned to the major/minor.

You can access your Transfer Equivalency Report at any time through URSA; click here for instructions on how to access this report.

Courses listed on your Transfer Equivalency Report with a 1X, 2X, 3X or 4X have been brought in as a University Wide Elective.

Courses listed on your Transfer Equivalency Report with a 1XX, 2XX, 3XX or 4XX have been approved as a Departmental Elective.

Any courses deemed not to have a direct equivalent to a UNC course, may be substituted for major, minor, licensure, or endorsement requirements at the discretion of the appropriate department.

Transfer Credit Policies

  • UNC only accepts credit from institutions of higher education holding full regional accreditation from one of six agencies. Click here for a list of approved agencies.
  • UNC awards a maximum of 90 transfer semester hours from all sources towards the completion of degree requirements.
  • Remedial courses and vocational/technical courses are not eligible for transfer.
  • Individuals with an Associate or Arts, Associate of Science, or a Bachelor’s degree (regardless of date of completion) from an accredited institution will have their Liberal Arts Core requirements waived.
  • Certain UNC majors require specific and/or additional LAC credit.  These requirements are not waived by the AA, AS, or Bachelor’s degree.
  • Only courses with a letter grade of “C-“ or higher are eligible for transfer.
  • Regardless of the time a course was taken before the UNC Baccalaureate degree is to be granted, it may be applicable toward the UNC degree to satisfy Liberal Arts Core Requirements and count toward the minimum 120 hours that are required for a UNC degree.
  • Acceptance of course work of AP/SAT/ACT scores older than 10 years to satisfy major, minor, licensure, endorsements, and/or certificate requirements is at the discretion of the respective department. Please see the respective individual programs in the UNC catalog for more information in regards to the program policy on course work older than 10 years.
  • Previous grade point averages are used for admission and scholarship purposes only.  New transfer students begin with a new UNC grade point average.
  • International transcripts must be submitted to an approved evaluation service for a translation and course-by-course evaluation.  Such an evaluation is the sole responsibility of the student.  The services approved by UNC are Foreign Credential Service of America (FCSA) or International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (IERF). Official transcripts must be provided to UNC in addition to the evaluation.
  • A maximum of 30 semester hours of credit may be accepted for college-level courses taken under the auspices of the U.S. Military Services.

Student Complaints
If a disagreement regarding the transferability of credits for coursework or a degree occurs between you and the institution, the Colorado Department of Higher Education will facilitate an expeditious review and resolution of the matter. Click here for information on submitting a complaint. 

Group of peopleTeacher