- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a comparable degree from a foreign institution is required for graduate admission.
- A grade point average (GPA) over 3.25 on a 4.0 scale on the most recent 60 credit hours completed is required.
The Application Process
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, follow the instructions below. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
1. Apply to the UNC Graduate School
Complete the online application and pay the application fee (you will pay the fee after you complete all application questions and submit the application). International applicants: please read the international section below.
- Domestic: $50 non-refundable application fee
- International: $60 non-refundable application fee
Request one official transcript from all accredited colleges or universities attended since completing high school. UNC alumni do not need to submit UNC transcript.
- You may be able to request college transcripts and have the college or university submit them electronically if your previous institution participates in electronic transcript exchange services. Official electronic transcripts will need to be sent using this information: University of Northern Colorado, Grad.ApplicationMaterials@unco.edu.
- If you can only request official paper transcripts from your previous college or university,
please have them submitted via mail to the following address:
University of Northern Colorado
Attn: Graduate School & International Admissions
501 20th Street
Campus Box 135
Greeley, CO 80639
2. Submit Supplemental Materials
Once you have completed your graduate school application, you will then click on "myUNC" (or log back in later) to submit the following in the online application system once you have completed your graduate school application:
- Three letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate a request to be sent to your recommenders.
- Supplmentary Data Sheet (pdf)
- Current Vita
- Written Statement (300-500 words) indicating the applicant's Personal and Professional Reasons for selecting School Psychology as a Profession.
- Official GRE scores are required (less than five years old). UNC’s institutional code
is 4074. Minimum GRE Scores:
- 140 quantitative
- 146 verbal reasoning
- Combined score of at least 297
- Analytical writing 3.5
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – TOEFL, IELTS, PTE-A, or petition for exemption (UNC’s institutional code is 4074)
- Copy of passport bio page** (you will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Financial Documentation**– we will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than one year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application (you will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States